HTC is planning to launch its android smartphone, HTC Butterfly in India by the end of this month, i.e. January 2012 for Rs. 49,990. There are many rumors regarding the pricing of the device as some states that it will be priced at Rs. 44,000 while some stating Rs. 49,990 but we believe that the device will be priced at Rs. 49,990 in India. If the device is launched for Rs. 49990, it will be the costliest android smartphone in the Indian market. The device will be first device to officially come to India with full HD 1080p display.
The device is already launched in US, Japan, China, Taiwan and more. The device is named as HTC Droid DNA in USA, HTC Butterfly J in Japan and HTC Butterfly in other markets.
HTC Butterfly features a 5-inch S-LCD 3 display with a screen resolution of 1920×1080 pixels, a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor clocked at 1.5GHz, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, a 8.1-megapixel rear camera, a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera, a dedicated HTC Image Sense chip, Beats Audio with an built-in pre-amplifier, a 2,020 mAh battery. The device will be running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with HTC’s Sense UI.
Features and Specifications of HTC Butterfly
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm S4 Pro quad-core processor
- 5-inch S-LCD 3 with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 & Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Android 4.1 with HTC Sense
- 16GB of storage
- microSD card slot supporting up to 32GB of storage
- 2 GB of RAM
- Bluetooth with aptX enabled (Bluetooth 4.0)
- DLNA for wirelessly streaming media, micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with MHL for USB or HDMI connection
- 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- 2.1 megapixel front camera (1080p for video chat)
- Dedicated HTC ImageChip
- 2020 mAh battery
It will be interesting to see the competition between HTC and Sony as Sony is also rumored to launch its flagship android smartphone Sony Xperia Z in the coming months and the specifications of both device are very very close. What do you think?