Google launched the budget devices under its new program – Android One. The devices are Karbonn Sparkle V, Spice Dream Uno and Micromax Canvas A1. All the devices runs on the latest Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and will also receive latest updates of the OS directly from Google.
All the three smartphones runs almost near stock Android but many of you would like to install custom ROM on the device. One of the most popular custom ROM out there is the CynogenMod and here is our guide to install CM11 based on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on your Android One smartphone.
- You must have CWM Recovery installed – Read: How to install CWM on Android One phone
- Your phone must be rooted – Read: How to root Android One phone
- Take backup of your data before flashing ROM
Install CM11 on Android One smartphones
- Download CM11.zip and gapps file on your PC
- Copy both files in your phone storage
- Reboot phone into recovery mode
- Once you are in CWM Recovery, wipe your data, wipe cache partition
- Then wipe Dalvik Cache from advanced menu
- Select install zip from sd card and select CM11.zip
- Again select install zip from sd card and select gapps
- Then go back to main menu and reboot your phone
That’s it. You now have installed CM11 on your Android smartphone.