Its been more than a week since the sale of YU Yureka began. In the first sale, the company sold 10,000 units of the phone. So, for those who got their hands on the device, here is the tutorial on rooting and installing custom recovery on the Yu Yureka.
To get started, you will need to have fastboot and ADB drivers installed. If you don’t know how to do it, here is the guide.
How to unlock bootloader on Yu Yureka
- Switch off your phone and connect it to your PC via USB cable
- Wait for the notification LED to go RED and then press the Volume Up button to get your phone booted into Fastboot mode
- Once you are in Fastboot mode, go to the Fastboot folder on your PC and open a command window there (Shift + Right Click)
- In command window, enter following code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
- Now we’re done with unlocking the Bootloader on the device.
- Stay in the command prompt!
How to install CWM based custom recovery on Yu Yureka
- Download this file which contains recovery image
- Copy the recovery image(.img) file to the Fastboot folder on your PC
- enter the following code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
- That’s it! Now check the installation by trying to boot your phone up using a Power + Volume Up key combination and see if it boots up into the new recovery rather than the stock recovery.
How to root Micromax Yu Yureka
- Download this file which contains SuperSU
- Copy the downloaded zip file to the root directory of internal storage
- Restart your phone in recovery mode
- Navigate to and enter into “Install zip from SD card”
- Now, select the downloaded zip file
- Proceed and Confirm. Then, go back and reboot your phone.