Android 5.0 Lollipop is one of the biggest update to the OS in the recent times. When the newer version of Android was announced, many companies started promising to update their devices with this newer version and one of them was Motorola.
Motorola rolled out the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update for entire Moto G line-up in almost all countries. However, there are many users in India who have still not received the OTA update for the latest version of Android. But there is a way to install this update manually.
Before starting, make sure your phone fulfills the following requirements:
- Device Model variant: Moto G (2nd Gen) XT1068 Dual SIM
- System version: 21.11.23.titan_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03
- Build number: KXB21.85-23
Also, make sure that your phone has more than 60%-70% of charging.
Steps to update Moto G 2nd Gen to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Manually
- Download the zip file of the update – Link
- Copy the downloaded file to the root directory of internal storage
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check Now
- You will now receive an update notification. Click Yes
- Now, click on Install Now to start the update process
- Your phone will reboot and may take few minutes to boot
That’s it. You have now successfully installed the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update on Moto G. You will still receive all the future OTA updates from the company and your warranty will also not be void as this is an official update.