Xiaomi recently announced the latest version of its popular mobile operating system MIUI. The MIUI 7 comes with many new features and improvements.
The newer version includes four new stock themes, XXL text option, baby album, showtime feature to set a photo or video as caller ID for others to see when you call, copy button for OTP messages, and performance and battery life improvements.
The company has already released the global beta version of the MIUI 7 ROM for almost all smartphones of Xiaomi, including Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi Note, Redmi Note 4G.
If you wish to update your phone to the latest version of OS, here is a guide to do so. But, note that this is the developer version of the ROM and there may be few bugs. The stable version of the ROM has not been released yet.
How to upgrade to MIUI 7 on Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi Note and others
- First of all, back up all your personal data and apps from the app. The process will not delete any of your apps or data but it is good to be safe.
- Download the MIUI 7 ROM from the company websites. Select your device from the list and click on ‘Download Full ROM’ button.
- Now, copy the downloaded file to the root directory on your phone.
- Open the Updater app and click on options button (three dots at top right corner) and select “Choose Update Package”.
- Now, browse and select the file you just copied to the internal storage of your phone.
- Once the process is completed, your phone will reboot. It may take few minutes to boot.
Redmi 1S- http://bigota.d.miui.com/5.8.22/miui_HM1SWCGlobal_5.8.22_68a70cba0f_4.4.zip
Redmi 2- http://bigota.d.miui.com/5.8.22/miui_HM2XWCGlobal_5.8.22_c1f3e5fe71_4.4.zip
Redmi Note 4G-http://bigota.d.miui.com/5.8.22/miui_HMNoteLTEGlobal_5.8.22_acefdc2fc7_4.4.zip
Redmi Note 3G-http://bigota.d.miui.com/5.8.22/miui_HMNoteWGlobal_5.8.22_bcb694c042_4.4.zip