The latest flagship smartphone from Google – the Nexus 6P, made in partnership with Huawei was launched last month. It is the first smartphone to run the latest Android 60 Marshmallow operating system.
The procedure for unlocking the bootloader on the Nexus 6P is slightly different compared to the previous year’s Nexus device.
- First of all, take the backup of your phone.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging on phone. Go to Settings > About Phone and then tap on Build number several times. Now open Settings of your Nexus 6P and open Developer Options. There, enable USB debugging.
- Also, make sure that the phone is at least 60-70% charged.
- You will also require ADB and fastboot tools installed on your PC. Below are the files, extracted from the latest Marshmallow Android SDK.
How To Unlock Bootloader of Nexus 6P
- Put your Nexus 6P smartphone in fastboot mode.
- To enter Fastboot mode, press combination of Power + Volume Up You will see Fastboot mode written on your Nexus 6P.
- Now connect your smartphone with your PC using a USB cable.
- The drivers of your phone will automatically get installed.
- Now, open command window by press Shift Key and right mouse From the menu select Open command window here.
- Once you have entered fastboot mode and command window is opened, enter the following command
- To unlock bootloader of Nexus 6P, enter the following command:
fastboot flashing unlock
- On the screen of your Nexus 6P you will see a notification. Select Yes.
- Your phone will reboot during the procedure. Once then, reboot your Nexus handset by running the following command:
Note: If you are using MAC, you will have to prefix a “./” before the command.