Earlier, we covered step-by-step guide on how to unlock bootload on the Nexus 6P smartphone. In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to root Nexus 6P.
TeamWin had released the official TWRP recovery for Nexus 6P. Now, a modified boot image from Chainfire is available, using which you can safely root Nexus 6P with SELinux in enforcing.
It will also disable forceencrypt and dmverity on Nexus 6P, so that you can decrypt it, and have a choice on encryption rather than the forced encryption on boot.
Just download Chainfire’s modified boot for Nexus 6P from the link below and flash it via fastboot and then install SuperSU from TWRP.
How to Root Nexus 6P with Modified Boot
- First of all, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- You will need to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus 6P.
- After that, install TWRP recovery on your phone. (Download Link).
- Download the modified boot image from the download link above and extract/unzip the file to get boot.img file.
- Now boot your Nexus 6P into bootloader mode and flash the boot.img file using the following command:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Download and flash the latest SuperSU zip using recovery.
- Wipe the cache/Dalvik, hit the back button, and hit the reboot system button.
All done. Your Nexus 6P should now be rooted.